• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need a new ROM

mmorey26

Mar 24, 2011
Right now I'm using xtrSENSE, I like it because its the most stable one i have and I like the keyboard a lot more then anyother. I tryed GSB2.2 and it looked good but it didnt vibrate, same with Vanilla.Tazzv28 I liked that more but it didnt vibrate either. I want a rom that has vibrate when you get a text, and a really good keyboard. Those are my most important wants, i dont like the XTR sense because its to stock based, so any roms that have good battery, good keyboard, vibrate, and good look/stability would be good, any suggestions?

GSB vibrates when I get a text message. Within the messaging app, menu->settings->Notifications settings - make sure that vibrate is set to always.

I really think that the best ROMs for stability and full-features at this point are xtrSENSE, xtrROM, PlainJane. xtrRCMix, TaintedTenzo, GSB and probably Ginger Tazz. Maybe the new Evil Eris as well. The Froyos all have the GPS disconnect bug (as far as I remember) and really it's the ones listed here that are getting active development at this point.

There is a version of the HTC keyboard that can run on any Froyo/GB ROM, if you're interested in that. I'll see if I can find a link. (It's this one. See also this post by EU1.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones