• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need a phablet on a budget, been away from Android the last year

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2015
So year to 2 years ago I was big into the Android world with phones, roms, rooting, modifying, etc etc but once I maxed out my phone to its potential I got bored with the research and I haven't been around here since early 2015. My phone now is just not cutting it and think I've warn it out over the last 18 months. It was Boosts Phablet ZTE MAX. I had it overclocked 15-20% so I'm pretty sure because of how its acting and the constant use on it. Its just time for a new phone. It was Dual Core with 1GB ram but I love the size of it.

I don't know anything about phones in the last year and any development. I know only about spring 2015 and later phones/development, etc.

Here are my needs....
1. Phone must be 5.6 inches or bigger, prefer a 5.7 - 6 inch phone
2. 2 GB Ram or more
3. Quad Core or more
4. 720 HD screen or higher
5. Needs to be able to work on US CDMA or GSM (T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, (Boost using Sprint towers at my house just sucks so I'm staying away from Verizon)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones