1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need a recommendation

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by RuNZ, Feb 10, 2011.

1. RuNZ

RuNZ Lurker

Hi there, I'm new to android, up until now used relatively simple phones.

Looking for a phone that will work worldwide, in particular Europe (Germany), and New Zealand. Wanting to use it as a phone first and foremost, but also as a more portable camera when I don't want to take my large camera out. I would also like to use it as a music player, so micro SD with 32GB+ would be desirable.

Either a well working touch keyboard system or a slide out keyboard would be a must. I have heard that replacing the touch keyboard with alternative software works quite well?

Screen size and quality is less important to me that other features, but it would need to be readable in the sun, and good enough for me to see if a photo was blurry.

I don't mind taking a while to set up the phone to get all the software on it that it needs, however I don't have extensive linux use and my laptop currently only has win7 on it, could dual boot it if it really helped though. Once it is setup I don't want to have to spend much time maintaining it.

Would like to bluetooth sync with my laptop (google services), and be able to make internet calls through a wireless connection to save money (Is this possible on all current android phones? As I say, I'm a noob).

Size isn't much of a worry, as long as it fits in my pocket, and is phone sized, rather than tablet. Don't need front facing camera.

Won't be gaming on it, only need it for media and general phone stuff, possibly occasional internet browsing.

Sorry for the long post, if you could help a noob out that would be great, feel free just to post links you have found helpful, I have found mostly crap advice so far, even good websites would be useful.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Droid Fireman

Droid Fireman Newbie

Droid PRO. Its a "world phone". Don't know if its available to you or not. Check it out. Good luck!