1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need a sound profiles app recommendation

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dorlow, Jan 14, 2020.

1. dorlow

dorlow Well-Known Member

I just got a note 10+ phone. I work in IT and share an on call rotation. When I'm on call, I need to wake if I'm paged. But I don't want to leave my phone unmuted all night. I have a pager app. For the pager app to work, my call volume or alarm volume is used so one of the two has to be max volume.

Right now I'm trying sound profiles by corcanoe. It kind of works. I can't use the built in night profile because it puts the phone into dnd and doesn't alert me. So I created a profile called nite and I put the volume max for calls and alarms. I then put the volume for media and notifications the lowest setting without turning it off.... some reason if I silence media and notifications, the alert app doesn't alert me at all.

I've used this sound profiles app for years on other phones and it's worked great. Some reason on this phone, even though the nite profile is set to have max volume for calls and alarms, when I check the volume in the android settings, it's one notch above muted. I can barely hear the phone alarms.

I tried using the built in do not disturb and even with allowing calls and texts, the pager app doesn't alert me.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a sound profile app that would not have this issue? Btw, I'm running android 10 if that matters.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Dannydet likes this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Forums

Forums Forum

com.tapatalk.androidforumscom

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating