• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need advice about sending in my Droid

Hey guys,

As of late, my Droid has not been performing well. It IS rooted, but I noticed these problems unrooted and on every ROM.

The back story is, I had an Eris that messed up, so they sent me another one. That replacement was also faulty, so they offered me a Droid.

Since then, I have noticed a whistling when I make phone calls, almost like a teapot -- I know this is a common issue. Also, the proximity sensor isn't working, I always back out/end calls on accident.

The phone does have some scuffs already on it, so I worry sending it back they may give me a hard time because they have already helped me out so much. In addition, this phone flies! and has a nice keyboard, I worry too much about having to send for another replacement.

Can I get your advice/perspective?

Thanks!

I got a replacement and was worried about the same thing, matter of fact, the wireless on the phone would flake out so I had to call back and get yet another one sent. but this one is up and running like a champ. I didn't catch any flack from them about calling about a phone I'd only had for a week or anything like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones