1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need advice from more expert DX'rs (VS, Bo, Col, etc)..tia

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Ever since I flashed .602 (stock rooted) I've not been able to get into cwr for about a week.

I was advised to flash an older version, but Rom Mgr wouldn't let me do that as I've cleared cache.

The dev upgraded cwr several times, last week, one of them worked when I started the phone plugged in. No longer does that work.

I thought the problem may be with my rom, so I d/l'd .602 sbf and rsdlite 5.x, thinking I'd start over to see if that would fix cwr.

However, if that doesn't work, I will not be able to restore my data partition, because I can't get into recover to do it, so I'm holding out on that option.

Here is my question. Is anyone else, who is on .602 rooted, having the same difficulty? I'm trying to determine if the issue is with the rom or the cwr app BEFORE I SBF restore. If it is the app, I won't be able to get my data back.

Flying without cwr is better, to me, than flying without an ability to restore my data partition.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

TIA

Steven

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

From what I understand it is the app. I'm on CM7 GB kernel edition and couldn't get into cwr at all till the latest update. I've read elsewhere it will work with the D2 bootstrapper if you are on rooted 602 or a blur based ROM (apex, shuji, etc).

3. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Nah, I'm on .602 stock blur rooted. No go. This helps however. Ty.

Steven

4. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Greavous was having similar issues as you Steven, he ended up sbf'ing and got his setup going again.

Koush is aware of the issues CWR is causing on .602 based Roms, so I suggest you use the D2 boot strapper and not Rom Manager until he sorts it out.

Read this:
    https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/VSdhDWoA59Z

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

have you tried the d2 bootstrapper?

have you tried using titanium backup to restore a previous version of rom manager?? i wonder if its the newest version of rom manager

6. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Wonder no more, I mentioned it in my previous post.

7. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Restoring a titanium backup does not help, neither does D2 bootstrap. I am unable to access cwr at all, which is why I am reluctant to SBF. If I SBF and still can't get into cwr, then I've lost my desktop setup and would have to set it up from scratch. Or i could just wait until cwr works and restore data then. I don't know. Frustrating.

8. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

Steven. So other than you not being able to get into CWR everything else is working fine? If so i would probably just ride it out until hopefully something is figured out with CWR. I've been on the stock .602 build and i didn't have any problems however i never used Rom Manager. I only used the D2 bootstrap. Now i'm back on CM7 and CWR seems to be working for me. He did push another update today for it though.

on a side note.......what does this matter anyways you'll be buying a Bionic on Thursday anyways :) lol jk

9. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

No bionic. Nexus prime here, ;)

10. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

There's a cwr update. My latest G plus to dev:

DX here. Bootstrap - d2 bootstrap, latest cwr and rom mgr premium. With latest cwr, d2 bootstrap works. Rom Mgr. No. I can live with that for now.

11. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

thats cool.

12. OnaDroidXhigh

OnaDroidXhigh Newbie

just checked mine out a few minutes ago and it works fine for me.

13. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Well, it's now a known issue, fwiw.

14. VoidedSaint

yeah i saw it on koush's post on G+ last night and i was like well im sure steven already knows about this

15. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I contributed to that thread, yeah.

16. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

And that's why I don't use Rom Manager.......lol......No, that's not really why, I've just always preferred the DX or D2 bootstrapper :D:D:D

Steven58 likes this.
  17. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Awhile back it was also unstable for DX and I also stopped using it. Then it became stable. I got used to again, like a drug. I became Rom mgr dependent again. I strayed. ;)

18. imronburgundy

imronburgundy Android Enthusiast

FWIW, I used the .602 sbf, then tried to get into d2 bootstrap, but kept getting a weird error message. Then realized I wasn't rooted. So did the one click gb root method and all is well.

19. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I tried to go that way, but I am unable to root .602 sbf. It says it can't recognize my phone. ...yes, I am in charge only mode. I am so frustrated with .602, now, that I can't even speak.

20. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert

Ouch sorry steven, go the long way around from .340?

21. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Yup.

22. woodstorm

woodstorm Android Enthusiast

I can only reach 5.0.2.0 via RM. D2 Bootstrap brings me to 2.5... Trying out a different ROM right now (not .602 based) and the issues are still there. How can there be 2 different cwr running on the phone. Shouldn't D2boot be going to 5.0.2.0?

23. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Well, it seems as if 602 and cwr don't like each other.

24. VoidedSaint

maybe thats how moto configured the .602 update... nothing good ever comes out of these updates moto sends

25. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

^^ my thoughts exactly.. thinking of going backwards to .596 again.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews