1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need Advice: Looking to Customize Home Screen

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by motoDroidFAN, Dec 18, 2009.

1. motoDroidFAN

motoDroidFAN Newbie

Dec 17, 2009
    Hi!
    Just bought my droid and LOVIN' IT...but I'm looking to tweak it a little more.

So far, I'm really diggin' the home screens that a lot of you guys have posted on this site, and I'm trying to emulate them but it's a little difficult for me to do. I'd really appreciate it if you guys can lead me to the right direction on which apps and customizations I need to employ to get those similar settings.

I'm mainly lookin to do 2 things:
    1.) get my home screen to have the time, date, and weather widget, while putting my favorite icons around it.
    --for this I downloaded Home++ and weather forecast widgets v2
    However, I really don't like how the default time and date and bottom icons look that comes with the Home++. A lot of you guys have the screen that looks like the HTC Sense UI. It's awesome! How can I get my droid to look like this???

2.) I'm currently employing the 3 screen setting (which I like).
    I would like to put a full size calendar on the left screen so that I can flick it over whenever I need to take a look.
    Is this possible? And is there an app/widget that can do this?

Sorry for the long post...THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    Lovin' the sweet phone!!

Advertisement

2. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    You'd need to use a home replacement that has full theme support. Home++ doesn't have themes right now. GDE - I think - puts the phone icon there by default, and there is probably a theme you can get that will make it look like HTC Sense UI. The Pure Calendar widget is the best calendar widget I've seen, and I believe it has a 4x4 (full screen) sized widget. If you don't want to pay for it, CalWidget has different sizes as well.

3. motoDroidFAN

motoDroidFAN Newbie

Dec 17, 2009
    Thanks for the reply vincentp!
    Sorry for being such a newb, but what app is GDE and what does it stand for?