1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Need advice on a bombproof case for my g2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Domromer, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Domromer

Domromer Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    I just bought my first smartphone and I have a long history of destroying every phone I've ever owned. I'm looking for something really tough that adds grip as well. My wife has an otterbox for her galaxy S, it seems like a decent case in terms of shock protection but It's slicker than the actual phone. Any other ideas? I like the idea of something with thick soft rubber. I perused amazon and didn't really see anything like that.

Advertisement

2. tstarky

tstarky Member
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    I am currently using the Otterbox for the G2. It adds bulk. I am used to it now it doesn't bother me. It has a thick rubber lining and the back is fairly easy to remove if you need battery access. For me, it works fine. The outside has a slightly rough etching but it may be too slick for your butter fingers. :)

I haven't found any of the thick rubber cases. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has. I'm thinking that the design of the phone imposes limits on the type of cases available.

3. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm also using the otterbox case. Its kinda like putting tank armor on the phone. A couple days ago, I dropped the phone off a 15 foot ladder. Just sort of fell out of my pocket. Not a scratch. Plus, with the extra heft it adds to the phone makes it a little harder for the phone to just slip from your hand. I'm definitely giving the otterbox my nod of approval.

4. Domromer

Domromer Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    I ended up ordering the ottercase from new egg today. It seem to get good reviews. I might just try to find some sort of grippy material to stick on the back. It seems a little slippery. I was shocked at how few cases there are for the g2. There seems to be hundreds of cases for the iphone.

Speaking of the iphone I had a guy ask to charge his phone in my shop a few days ago, I think it was an iphone. It had a huge rubber case on it. At first I thought it was so stupid. It was the size of a frozen waffle, but man you could probably drop that thing off the 2nd story of a building. It had a grid pattern cut into the plastic. Anyone know the case I'm talking about?

5. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    sounds like the otterbox for the iphone 4. One of my coworkers has one. Actually kind of thin, and he's had to replace it under warranty twice so far. That's why I like the G2 otterbox. It has the layer of silicone, and a hard plastic outer shell. In a world of doesn't, droid does, lol :p

Tags: