1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need Advice On a MicroSD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlueMuscles, May 24, 2011.

1. BlueMuscles

BlueMuscles Android Enthusiast

I need a larger MicroSDHC Card and looking to get a 32g no less .

What card is the most reliable and what do you own ?

I see all these 10 class cards being use for high end HD camcorders
    and no mention about cell phones.

Is it just a waste of money to get a class 10 for a phone ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast

3. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member

i believe the class speed is the read/write speed... in MBps... with a capital B... so between a C2 and C6, it's 3x the speed... gonna see if i can find out the specs for the phone and see what it can handle.

BlueMuscles likes this.
  4. betsuni78

betsuni78 Well-Known Member

wth, i just bought the card from Newegg... cheap enough and had good reviews... haha

5. BlueMuscles

No specs for it on metro's site

MetroPCS | Phone Details)

I don't want to waste $ on a 10 class if the phone can't take advantage of it.

6. BlueMuscles

Also found this info posted on a review..

"Other Thoughts: to consumers shopping for fast cards, ignore the class rating and search for the old CD-based speeds like 150x, 233x, 400x. class 10 is equivalent to 66x which is ancient technology--cards have exceeded that speed looong ago"

7. BlueMuscles

8. smotpoker

smotpoker Newbie

Not sure if this is off topic but I will ask here.
    I am also looking get a larger card.

What is the easiest way to get the data off my current card and on to the new card. I was planning on copying all files to my hard drive and then back to the new card. Not sure if this will work or if I need to do anything different. I guess I need to remove the movie to stop metro collecting data on me too.

Thanks.

9. confed

confed Android Expert

Last I heard, it wasnt the movie but a program on the card. it is mentioned on a thread somewhere around here.

Taking the files from your old card, to the HDD and back to the card wont take too much time at all.

Anyone paying over $40 for a class 10 card is out of their mind, they routinely go on sale on newegg, buy.com and tigerdirect, from reputable companies for 22 - 35$ including shipping. unless you are switching the data on your card daily, its a moot point.

10. BlueMuscles

Who gives a shit... I been waiting weeks for them to go on sale so I guess I'm out of my mind not waiting forever .

11. confed

confed Android Expert

not just that, wasnt trying to be an ass. a class 10 card isnt needed for a phone unless you are continually swapping files and such. It will be good for when you first get it, if you plan to fill it up a lot right off the bat.

12. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast

Despite the bad reviews, I bought a wintec 32gb class 10 from Fryes Electronics. It was only around $75.00, so I took a chance. So far so good. No problems with it in 2 weeks in my new phone.
    As far as transfering between microsd cards, I have two of the little usb readers. Works well for me just dragging and dropping the files between cards that way. One step.

13. Yetskii

Yetskii Newbie

Considering class 10 is the fastest micro sd released to the public, i would not call it ancient.....

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews