• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need advice on database ui/portal/dashboard

RamAy

Lurker
May 9, 2020
Hey all,

So I've been developing an android application, I've been using Firebase real time database to store user data. It's been working great, but some tedious issues have been slowing me down. For example when a user enters the data it goes to the database, but for my purpose I need to move some data to a different child/node, reason is the retrieval of the data is different depending on which activity they are on or what stage they are in. So if the user has "entered data" their data goes to the "pending" child of the database, when the user is "complete" the users data goes to the "complete" child in the database. For me to move the data from the "entered data" child to "complete" child its been a pain having to download the json file, edit it (copy & paste) the data to the other child. I was wondering how I may go about building a ui for all this. Where I can have a dashboard and ui buttons that I can implement to just move the data over to where I need. I am a bit new so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones