• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need advice on good kernel

sorry,im kinda boring when it comes to kernels,and rarely change or tweek them.

but i didnt want you to think your questions was being ignored ;)

Boring is not necessarily bad if you're new to flashing ROMs. Read up on it a while and you'll know how to do it and if you want to after you're more knowledgeable. Trust me, it's safer for you and your phone that way! (Not that I've ever mucked up a new kernel or anything like that...... ;) )

Upvote 0
Boring is not necessarily bad if you're new to flashing ROMs. Read up on it a while and you'll know how to do it and if you want to after you're more knowledgeable. Trust me, it's safer for you and your phone that way! (Not that I've ever mucked up a new kernel or anything like that...... ;) )

ive no prollems flashing them,and have messed with them in the past,im just not usually on any one rom long enuff to tweek a kernel to achieve what to me is an actual percieved difference ;)

just like flasing radios,i believe alot(not all,but alot) of differences when folks flash new kernels and mess with votages/cpu speeds is from the placebo affect of doing something different :eek: under and over volting can cause instability and seems to be different across the board on devices-some can handle it,some cant. same with overclocking,i rarely notice a difference in performance,just in quadrant scores. i have been known,in fact,to actually underclock my phone for daily use.

like i said,im just boring. :p some folks spend alot of time tweeking things and getting them just right and thats cool,but its just not me. id rather be writing guides,or doing crazy experiments,or figuring out how to help someone out of a root jam then messing with kernels.

but i suspect your comments were directed to the general public reading the threads,and i agree with them 100%. :cool:

Reactions: chknhwk and WA_Bob
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones