1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need advice on new phone purchase

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Devz, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm coming from a Galaxy S5. I've been eligible for an upgrade for over a month now. I'm on Verizon.

The microphone on my S5 seems to be crapping out. People can only hear me on occasion. Most of the time they can't hear me at all. I like Samsung, as I've had the S3 and S5.

Now, I've been looking at some phones and I just don't even know where to start anymore. I used to be really up on phones, but it's been a couple of years since I really paid attention.

What I'm looking for is an Android phone (of course), my only real requirements are a removable battery, Micro SD slot, and I'd like the screen size to either be the same or bigger than the S5.

I also still have unlimited data. The guy at the "Wireless Zone" Verizon authorized retailer told me I'd still be able to keep my unlimted with an upgrade, but I have my doubts.

Any help/advice/suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you want both removable battery and sd you are probably looking at LG (I think the G4 has both), or an older Samsung like the Note 4. Many others have sd but few still have removable battery. The most recent Samsung flagships have neither.

Of course we are expecting the next Samsung and LG flagships to be announced next month, so it depends whether you care about having the latest and whether you can wait that long.

mikedt likes this.