1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Need Advice on what to do next.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ken987, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ken987

ken987 Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Hi,
    I got my Evo on the first day. I rooted it and was using the Bugless Beast. I then really wanted 2.2 so I did not do the OTA. I did whatever was recommended at the time to go to 2.2 and not lose root. I am a noob so I just followed the guides and unfortunately don't remember what method I used for either one.
    Months later....my phone starts to reboot whenever....so I try to do research and I see I am on the PRI 1.34..... now I know that has nothing to do with my rebooting...but now I am trying to get a better version of the PRI. So I do the 2 step unroot method (HTC Sync and RUU) after doing the unrevoked forever with the S-ON feature.
    Well I'm still on the 1.34 PRI.
    My phone does not reboot anymore...BUT now where I work I am always on 4G Roaming..or 3G Roaming.....
    If anyone can tell me if I can get back to stock 2.2 with at least 1.70 I would appreciate it.
    Ken

Advertisement

2. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    International Trade
    Southeast US
    Ken,

For stock ROOTED 2.2 rom visit this Download: Stock Rooted 3.28.651.1 OTA update.zip site and locate it. For the PRI, the standard is 1.34, many have gotten to 1.40 with much effort, and I have only heard of a few that reached 1.70.

It's not likely that getting newer PRI will change much for reception, only slightly.

For instructions visit this thread:
    1.40: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/149283-update-your-pri-1-34-1-4-a.html
    1.70: Update your PRI with No Factory Reset - xda-developers

Tags: