• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need advice please having an issue with Nandroid Backup

virodeath

Dec 29, 2009
I have been swapping around ROMs with ROM manager (Premium) and just recently have noticed the performance of my phone is totally going in the crapper. So I decided I would just go to ROM manager and reboot into recovery and restore back to my original Nandroid Backup with SPrecovery. However when I got to the recovery screen it is totally different than it was after installing the ROM manager. When I try to do a Advance Nandroid Restore I get an error 21 unable to restore and if I try to do a regular restore I get an error 28 unable to restore.

My phone is still working, just real slow so I am not in a hurry to brick the phone, I just want to get it back to my original backup (which I copied onto the computer just in case).

What is the "proper" method of fixing this? I have some ideas but again I am not in a hurry to brick it so I wanted to ask the pro's first.

Viro

Yes I did, I "Flash Alternate Recovery: SPRecovery 0.99.3b" it said it was successful. When I go up to reboot into recovery my default options are:

WOW!

haha I just did it a third time and it took me to the ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 window.. That's odd why would it not work right the first two times... /boggle

Well thank you for responding and forcing me to look a third time!

One thing that I am kinda confused about though since we are on the topic is when I go into recoveryit says on the top ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 then when I go into the "Nandroid" area on the recovery screen and advanced restore then select my oldest restore image WHY do I have to restore "boot, system, data & cache" all separately? Why isn't there an option to do them all at once?

Just seems odd..

Viro

Upvote 0
One thing that I am kinda confused about though since we are on the topic is when I go into recoveryit says on the top ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.4 then when I go into the "Nandroid" area on the recovery screen and advanced restore then select my oldest restore image WHY do I have to restore "boot, system, data & cache" all separately? Why isn't there an option to do them all at once?

Just seems odd..

Viro

I believe if you go into "Restore" rather than "Advanced Restore" it will restore everything on your selected backup all at once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones