1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need advice: Which verizon smartphone to buy???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by barngoot, Apr 22, 2011.

1. barngoot

barngoot Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Hi, My name is Steve and I'm new to the forum. I just had a few questions about buying a Smartphone. I'm been doing a lot of research lately because I'm looking to buy my first Smartphone but I'm not sure which one to buy.

I have Verizon as my carrier but I'm not in a 4G area and don't think we will have it for a while. I've looked at the Verizon I-phone but decided not to buy it because I heard that verizon had some new android phones coming out soon. I looked at the Thunderbolt but after reading some bad reviews I decided to pass on it. I know that Verizon has a few new smart phones coming out next week ( Samsung droid Charge and Droid incredible 2) but I don't know if I should buy one of them or wait alittle longer for another one to come out, (for example Droid Bionic or Samsung S Galaxy2, Droid X2 etc) . Does anyone have any advice for me as far as which new Verizon phone is the one to buy and what should I be looking for as far as the specs go with a new phone?

thanks,

Steve

Advertisement

James Anderson likes this.
  2. barngoot

barngoot Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Hi, My name is Steve and I'm new to the forum. I just had a few questions about buying a Smartphone. I'm been doing a lot of research lately because I'm looking to buy my first Smartphone but I'm not sure which one to buy.

I have Verizon as my carrier but I'm not in a 4G area and don't think we will have it for a while. I've looked at the Verizon I-phone but decided not to buy it because I heard that verizon had some new android phones coming out soon. I looked at the Thunderbolt but after reading some bad reviews I decided to pass on it. I know that Verizon has a few new smart phones coming out next week ( Samsung droid Charge and Droid incredible 2) but I don't know if I should buy one of them or wait alittle longer for another one to come out, (for example Droid Bionic or Samsung S Galaxy2, Droid X2 etc) . Does anyone have any advice for me as far as which new Verizon phone is the one to buy and what should I be looking for as far as the specs go with a new phone?

thanks,

Steve

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Hey Steve! (Love that name)

This is a good first post, but you have it in the introduction section, where few people read it. I'm going to move it to a larger section so you can get some more folks to see it.

Truth be told, each phone has its pluses and minuses. The iPhone is a great phone and you'd like it, especially as your first phone. I have the droid x and love it with the new leaked Gingerbread Rom. There's nothing like it imo. :p

All of the other phones you mentioned, including the Thunderbolt are all upper end top notch phones and you can't go wrong.

I'll open this to others, though.

Welcome! :)

4. ashykat

ashykat Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Hey Steve. To be able to recommend a smartphone to you I'd need to know what you plan to use the phone for. Different phones are better for different people. Are you planning on gaming on the phone? Texting? Browsing the internet? Listening to music? How do you feel about touch screen keyboards as opposed to physical keyboards?

5. barngoot

barngoot Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Thanks for the replies! I will mostly use my new phone for texting, e-mailing and browsing the web, all just for fun. I keep going back and forth between Iphone and a new Droid.

thanks,

Steve