• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need alarm app suggestion

shae1999

Lurker
May 28, 2010
I am brand new to the android world, giving up my current Winmo phone for a new Evo next week :) (WOOT!)

I have been looking for apps that I will want to load first and I am having trouble finding an alarm clock app with exactly what I need. I'm hoping someone can make a recommendation please!! First and foremost, I need an app with a good rating and proven safe!

Here is what I specifically want in an alarm clock:
- Able to set by "day":
e.g. every mon-fri you wake up at 6:00 and sat/sun at 9:00

- Able to make a 1 time override by DATE without having to reverse it later:
Say I have Thursday the 18th off work. I want to be able to select the date and override the standard Thursday alarm to either deactivate the alarm or change the alarm time to another time for that date only without having to reverse it later.
Currently I have to de-select the Thursday alarm and create a one-time secondary alarm, but should I forget Thursday morning to turn that normal Thursday alarm back on, I will have a bad day next Thursday hehehe

- Able to set one-time additional alarms:
Alarms for maybe a nap time, for example :D that will be in addition to the regular daily alarm

- Alarm will sound even though the phone settings are all set to Silent and the volume rocker is completely off. I need the alarm clock to override any other volume settings if possible. I turn my phone to silent at night to avoid being woken by texts or calls but need the alarm clock to still wake me.

I am thinking there must be an alarm clock app that interfaces with a calendar to perform these functions easily, but am struggling to find one that specifies all of that. I don't mine paying for a good one! Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks!

I use AppAlarm Pro. It is realiable, can set repeating or individual alarms, launch any app for your alarm (I use Pandora). There is also a setting that will set your media volume incase you changed it. So it does everything you mentioned except interface with the calendar. It was $1.99 if I remember right, well worth it to me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones