• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need an app to run a Tasker Task / manual intent

C

CodeMonkey

I'm looking for a very specific app to fit as part of my 'car mode' setup.

I'm on a stock unrooted GSM Galaxy Nexus (4.0.1) and using the Google Car Home app, which allows me to add app shortcuts to the Car Home slots.

I have a Tasker task 'ToggleReadSMS' which switches on & off my Tasker profile that reads received SMS messages.

I'm trying to find an app (note not a shortcut creator) that can be configured to run the Tasker task (either directly or through a manual intent), but am struggling to do so. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction, as I've spent the best part of 2 hours trying to track one down.

Please note that I can't use a shortcut creator (Anycut, QCustomShortcut, etc) as I cannot add shortcuts to the Car Home screens.

Also I'm not looking for alternative Car Homes - I've tried them and keep coming back to the Google Car Home app.

Anyone able to help me out?

If I'm understanding this right, you want the car mode to toggle reading SMS texts out load. Do you have hands free bluetooth in your car?

If so, what I did was just have a Tasker profile read text messages out load when I am connected to my car's handsfree bluetooth. So, I don't have to toggle anything, it just happens automatically because my phone's bluetooth is connected to the car's bluetooth as the trigger.

Upvote 0
If I'm understanding this right, you want the car mode to toggle reading SMS texts out load. Do you have hands free bluetooth in your car?

If so, what I did was just have a Tasker profile read text messages out load when I am connected to my car's handsfree bluetooth. So, I don't have to toggle anything, it just happens automatically because my phone's bluetooth is connected to the car's bluetooth as the trigger.

I dont always want my SMS messages read out though, hence my looking for an app ( I don't want to use a menu task either).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones