• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need: App that displays time/calendar/weather/etc. when docked

SysAdmnWVU

Aug 2, 2010
I just got back my Motorola Xoom from Verizon after being upgraded to 4G LTE. When I got it back, they sent me a free docking station along with my upgraded Xoom.

I'm looking for some sort of application that will display the time/calendar/weather/etc. while it is docked and will stay lit up (since it is being charged and won't run down the battery).

Does anybody know of an application like this that I can use with my tablet?

Thanks in advance!

You would think so, but I've been asking for the same thing for the past few days without much luck. I don't have a Xoom (HP TouchPad running Cyanogen, here), but would be interested in the same type of application.

Sorry I can't be of much additional help here, but I just wanted to chime in on this request as well.

Upvote 0
You would think so, but I've been asking for the same thing for the past few days without much luck. I don't have a Xoom (HP TouchPad running Cyanogen, here), but would be interested in the same type of application.

Sorry I can't be of much additional help here, but I just wanted to chime in on this request as well.

I have a TouchPad that I got during the fire sale as well. How well does CM run on yours? I'll be setting mine to dual boot soon. I really like webOS...shame that there are next to no apps for it.

Upvote 0
I use "One Nightstand v2.0" from the Android Market. I am not sure whether it comes up automatically when you plug it in, I do use it as a replacement for my bedside clock. It shows the weather, time, and date.

I do not use its alarm but instead use "Good Morning". It is a very customizable alarm that talks to you as well as telling you the weather and reading off your appointments for the day. Very nice indeed!

Reactions: unluckysam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones