1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need App to call same phone # every morning, gets recorded msg and text, email or vmail it to me

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SusRike, Sep 15, 2011.

1. SusRike

SusRike Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I need to call a recorded message every day and I am really bad at remembering to call the number and listen to the message. I am trying to find a way to schedule an (automatic) daily call to that number and then have the recorded message from that number sent to me.

I want to figure out how to program an app to 1) call the number 2) once it starts ringing (or when the phone is answered and the recording starts) have it either call my voicemail and record the msg on my voicemail OR create an audio message which is sent to me via email OR transcribe the message and send it to me either via email or via text.

I am thinking that setting up a (3-way) conference call might be the way to go. That way the first call would be to the recording and the second call would need to be directly into voice mail/email.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions any of you might have! Thanks very much

Advertisement

2. CarletonTorpin

None

Aug 14, 2011
    I get the feeling that this may fall into that automated-telemarketing grey area where people may begin to start using it as an auto-dialer for their own scamming purposes. That may be why it does not yet exist.

That being said, you can post your app request officially on AppReque.st so that additional developers may stumble onto it and make it a reality.

3. sovereign313

sovereign313 Newbie
    None

Apr 5, 2013
    Hi (Sorry, I know this thread is old),

I can build this for you, but there are a few caveats. Based on a lot of the proprietary garbage firmware that the manufactures have for their devices, it doesn't provide the call stream to the application processor. So basically, the base band firmware (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T's) doesn't pass the call data to Android. So it is manufacture specific if it will allow it. Android has the capability built into it to do so, provided the firmware would support it.

That said, the work around would require turning the volume up, and putting the phone on speaker mode and having the phone's mic record the sound. It could then easily email it or text or whatever to you, but at that point, you might as well just put it to your ear and listen.