• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need app to monitor battery life

I use My Battery Status. It isn't a widget because I want to be able to see the battery level without unlocking the phone. It sits in the notification area and shows the percentage. You can opet the app but then it shows the percentage over the entire screen so it's of no use. But the notification icon is very helpful and I use it for that purpose only. :)

Upvote 0
I use a little app called battery widget.

I have several different choices of display... my favorite is "meter".

It give you a tiny gas guage type meter that says percentage and the needle actually moves and is accurate according to the percentage of battery life left.

Colors, diminishing sizes and others I don't like, this gives me a numerical reading that I can glance at anytime I want without having to press a button and look.... seems to be very accurate.

Upvote 0
@Lekky

Have you had any problems with BatteryLife? I installed it the day I got my Hero, then tonight I soft reset the phone and BatteryLife and AudioManager widgets died. They remained on the home screen, but would not display any info. I installed then reinstalled, but it didnt help either of them. I was a big fan of BatteryLife and would like to get it working again.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones