1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need App to Text Msg Ringtones (was using Handcent now not working)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JayferX, Dec 20, 2012.

1. JayferX

JayferX Lurker

Hello,

Using Galaxy S3 on Verizon, I don't think the default messaging app will text msg a ringtone and if it does I don't know how. To text msg a ringtone I usually use Handcent SMS, you can raise the file size up to 1meg and it has worked great through a couple of years and several different phones, not it doesn't work though. Not sure if it is something Verizon did or and update to the app etc...now when I try to text a ringtone it just hangs and never sends it.

Anyone know of how to fix this or another app to use?

Thanks,

Jay

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Was there a recent update? I stopped using it a few months ago, so I don't know offhand. You could also try clearing the data, which works like a reset for just that app (its in the settings for your phone).

3. JayferX

JayferX Lurker

It could have been an update, I am not sure. Also the S3 on Verizon just got the Jellybean update so it might have something to do with that.

I tried resetting the app on my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling and even tried on another S3, always the same thing, it just hangs with the little circle spinning when you try to send a ringtone, actually when you try to send pictures as well.

I am thinking it is something with the app, might just wait and see if they update and fix it.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Well there's waiting, yes. By any chance are your sending said ring tones to other smartphone users?

5. JayferX

JayferX Lurker

Sometimes yes, I know I can email them or use Dropbox, I just like to text them since that works for everyone, even people who don't have a smartphone.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

7. Tijuanatom

Tijuanatom Newbie

You can use Go SMS to do this. The MMS file size limit can be raised to 5 meg.