1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need app to text phones directly

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Clato, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Clato

Clato Lurker

I work in a service black hole.

I'm looking for something that will let me use my phone number and text another phone directly, over WiFi. Anything fit these parameters?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

Google voice. Don't even need your phone, you can text from any browser. I use it and it works great.

Clato likes this.
  3. zijincheng

zijincheng Well-Known Member

If you're looking for an app that will use your phone number to text over wifi when no reception, then I'm not sure.

But I currently use Mightytext, which allows you to text from google chrome or itnernet explorer over wifi I believe.

4. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Try the app called 'mysms'.

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

If you have wifi that implies you have an internet connection so can you not get one of the femtocell solutions that's around? Basically it's a base station for your home/work. See ... Femtocell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

I'm in the UK have have one of these .... Vodafone Sure Signal – get a great mobile signal at home. ... because my last house was in a signal black hole. I'm sure one of your local providers must supply them?

[Oh, and from your post I was taking that you work in the same 'black hole' rather than a new 'black hole' every weel - which this would obviously not be a solution to .... ].

Dave