• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Assistance in getting HTC DHD up and running

The431001

Lurker
Apr 13, 2012
Hi folks,

My phone details are as below -
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

Sep 7 2011, 19:06:24

Phone Current Possible specs -
Android Version - 2.3.5
HTC sense version - 3.0
software number - 3.13.720.2
Kernel version - 2.6.35.10-g931a37e - (Not sure about this one)
baseband version - 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M
Build number - 3.13.720.2 CL208029 - (Not sure about this one)

Here is the situation -

My Non-Rooted HTC DHD somhow got stuck yesterday morning, after i woke up. No idea why it happened and everything. I tried pulling out battery and restarting, also tried recovery but not help - it was stuck on 'HTC - quitely brilliant' splash screen.

So I went ahead and tried to factory-reset it from Vol-Down + Power button. The process rather ended quickly than anticipated (I have done this earlier once so know that it cant be so fast). Post this, after every reboot now, the phone takes very long on splash screen, and eventually goes up to HTC wallpaper (the colorful one) but no controls are loaded and nothing happens (not even any error message). it cant be shut down unless i pull out the battery.

So after this has happened, i also tried to see what happens in HBOOT -> FastBoot -> BootLoader and it showed me this error -
SD Checking ...
Loading ... [PD98DIAG.ZIP]
No Image!

So assuming that perhaps I need the correct ROM file, I started looking up on forums and tried below 2 RUU EXE files (with HTC Stock ROMs)-
1. RUU_ACE_HTC_WWE_1.32.405.6_Radio_12.28b.60.140e_26 .03.02.26_M_release_155891_signed.exe
2. RUU_ACE_Sese30_s_htc_wwe_3.12.405.1_radio_12.65.60 .29_26.14.04.28_m_release_225512_signed.exe

Well after running the first RUU.exe, I got a little wiser (I guess!) and understood that the RADIO version for RUU should match with my phones RADIO. So i tried the second one, which made me further wiser and i understood that the ROM Version in RUU should also match my phones current version.

Now after all this knowledge, when I tried to found an RUU/ ROM with
3.13.720.2 and Radio v 26.14.04.28_M, I am not able to get any file which suits my need.

1. Can someone please help me to understand, which ROM can be used to restore my phone to working condition (and if my analysis so far is correct or not)?
2. What would be the correct way to restore my phone to working condition, if I am doing something wrong?

PS: As of now, I just want to get it up and running w/o Rooting, if possible...

Thanks for helping me out -
~The431001

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My phone is unbranded. I managed to get it working by buring latest RUU from service center - 40KM away...! Would it be possible for you to share it the one available with you, so that I dont have to drive that far again just to get it loaded. The guy also said that next time he burns it, he will charge me some fees for the same, as the warranty will be over by end of Apr...

Thanks for your response. Really appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones