• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need build.prop help please

theonewho

Jul 10, 2011
When I was running CM7 (I think; might have been MiuiRom) I was able to download and install the game Osmos from the Play Store. I'm on HalfAss right now and now it thinks it's not compatible with my phone. When I go to the Play Store on the computer it says that SPH-M820-BST is incompatible and that SPH-M820 is compatible.

I tried editing the build.prop file and found one mention of SPH-M820-BST and took off the -BST part. Rebooted and still same problem. I also looked at the build.prop in the cm7 rom and it may as well be in another language because I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Don't do what it says below! Or if you do, then get what you want from the Play Store then restore the original build.prop. Found out today that using the one I linked to breaks the camera on HalfAssRom at least.

Never mind, I finally found a page where I could follow what to do without getting too lost lol. What I did was use the MiuiRom build.prop as a reference to change the following in the HalfAss build.prop:

Code:
ro.product.model=
ro.product.brand=
ro.product.name=
ro.product.device=
ro.product.board=
ro.product.manufacturer=
ro.build.product=tf201
ro.build.description=
ro.build.fingerprint=

So whatever the miui one had after the = is what I put into the HalfAss one. After a reboot and clearing the Play Store data I was good to go. If anyone wants a copy of the resulting build.prop I attached it here although there are no further tweaks in it like one might find in ctmod and the like.

Attachments

• build.prop.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones