1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need corded earpiece/headset for Galaxy Note

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alex Ethridge, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Android Enthusiast

I cannot use Bluetooth; I need a wired headset for talking on the phone that will plug into the Samsung Note's 3.5mm headset jack for phone conversations. I'm not interested in music so I need it for one ear only.

I don't even know what to search for as most of what I see tells me plenty about the headset and is very short on specifications on the connection point at the phone end.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. McGilli

McGilli Well-Known Member

Hey I don't have an answer. but for clarity....

1. is the headset that comes with the Note ok, but you just want a single earpiece? (could cut one side off - I've done that so that I still have one ear open while on motorcycle)

2. Are you looking for a single ear headset that has the button controls for the Note? Or no controls?

Practically every headset made for phones/music players are 3.5mm connectors. It's the worldwide standard for mobile devices.

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Android Enthusiast

This is for telephone conversations only. I have for years used a simple, standard Plantronics Bluetooth device; but, I now need to do the same thing with a wired earpiece, instead. The kind that fit into the ear canal have never worked for me; I've tried many of them in the past and they keep falling out so I need something that clips around the back of the ear.

It seems Bluetooth is ubiquitous and I'm forever looking for something hard to find, regardless of the project. I got this from TMobile and there is nothing like an earpiece in the box.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews