• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need driver for my computer

My computer doesn't recognize my X when I plug it in. It runs the Found New Hardware wizard, but doesn't find the correct driver on the internet. Any ideas on how I can get my computer to recognize the X and its SD card?

Do you have USB Debuging turned on? I did and had the same problem. When I turned off the debuging, it worked fine.

Upvote 0
I had this same issue this afternoon when I attempted to plug my X into the PC.

I had to download the driver via Moto's website, which you can find here: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA

Some people are reporting that their system recognizes the phone immediately, though I'm starting to wonder if this is a Win 7 based issue?

I have Windows 7, but got it working without having to download the drivers. You can also change the connection type to see if that helps. You do that by pulling down the notification bar and tap USB Connection. Change the setting to something different.

Upvote 0
I installed it on Win7 with no problems, nice little interface there! I did not change anything on my phone or my laptop to get it to run, and so far I have installed it successfully on XP, Vista and 7 - all 32 bit. Have not tried it on the 64 bit version of anything yet.

However, 7 is the only one that automatically opened the device window - on the other two I just got the web link to download Vcast opened. I'll have to check the other two for this interface when I get back to work on Monday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones