1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NEED fixes on headphone jack!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by technofreak13, Jul 3, 2013.

1. technofreak13

technofreak13 Lurker

I've looked everywhere! on here it's just "I'm having the same problem" but NO fixes! I have the just plain RAZR, not HD, not MAXX, just Droid Razr. And like the story goes, since I first got it the headphone jack barely realizes there are headphones plugged in. If I twist and jiggle, it will maybe recognize but the sliiiiightest little touch and it freaks out, pauses the music and forgets there's headphones plugged in. I reeeeaaaally want to six this but no I don't want to get a new phone (until our 2 year is up) and I've taken it apart to try to fix it so I'm not just going to get a new one right away. I've checked for lint, I've air compressed it out, I've tried putting a little piece of paper in there to try to secure the connection, nothing is working -_- I'm good with electronics so if anyone has had a breakthrough with taking the whole phone apart and doing something, please let me know what you did! I took it apart and wedged a piece of paper between the case of the phone and the actual jack case. This is the only source of music I have (other than laptop) and would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out, not just say "oh I have that problem too." or "try checking for lint." Trust me, I've tried everything I can think of/read.....Sorry for the long post but I want everyone to know my actual position on this. If anyone has some advice, pleeeaaaasse help me out :) thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Longshot here, real longshot. But when I first got my Nexus 7 I was having the same problem. I finally pushed really hard (I mean really way harder than I ever thought I would ever need to) and got another slight click.

I hope I'm not being condescending here as it seems like you have tried far more extreme measures already.

3. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

it seems the cause has always been debris in the jack. compressed air usually doesnt work, it needs to be picked out in most cases... from what ive done myself, and read from others.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Agree with poster above me. Send to be the common cause.

Sheer curiosity, have you confirmed the issue is with the phone and not the headphones?

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews