1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need for speed shift not working in my galaxy ace GT - s5380i

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redzace, Aug 15, 2012.

1. redzace

redzace Lurker

need for speed shift is not working in my galaxy ace GT - s5380i.. can anybody help me?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Describe your problem a bit more.
    Is it running partially or not running at all?

3. redzace

redzace Lurker

it's just a white screen when i open it, nothing else. but the music for nfs shift is working fine..

4. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

That is not a problem with NFS Shift, many S5830i users have reported white screens in a lot of apps. Games usually, they can hear the music, use the controls but the screen remains white.
    Are you getting this in any other app also?

5. redzace

redzace Lurker

no i don't have this kind of issue with other apps / games. although i tried to install asphalt 5 in my phone, the installation was successful but when i launched the game an error message pop up saying the game isn't compatible with my phone. but other SGA users can play with asphalt 5. it isn't my priority though.

6. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Don't compare your phone S5830i to S5830, they are very different phones, the entire S5830i hardware is different, its more like Galaxy Y than the original ACE.
    The S5830c/m/t/l models are still similar to original S5830 but the 'i' version is very different.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

you might be trying to play HD games on ACE... which might be the problem. ACE only supports HVGA resolution.

8. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

NFS Shift is compatible with ACE, its not HD, can't say about S5830i.

That model doesn't have a dedicated gpu like the original ace, the cpu itself is modified to do graphical calculations, that's why its too difficult to make android 4 run on this model, the hardware is too weak for it.
    Those samsung guys increased the cpu speed, but actually what they did was to remove the gpu and made the cpu to accomodate its functions, so in reality that increased cpu speed they gave s5830i does not actually improve performance at all.

9. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

S5830i has a weaker graphics unit than the normal Ace. Actually the cpu does most of the graphical calculations and it has no seperate gpu chip. So Shift doesnt work.

10. amarjeet9762

amarjeet9762 Lurker

hie am using galaxy ace GT-S5830 and i'v downloaded nfs shift v1.0.83 with extra 100 mb data and when i run it it opens with an awesome image of EA games den a dialog box appers saying se3 missing device phone number n wen i press continue music starts and a black screen appears saying wear helmet while driving cars n.all n den it dissappears n i get a black screen n suddenly it closes n takes me to home screen.plz sort this out..

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews