• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT (Ripped from Droid X)

So i downloaded this game a few days ago on my motodroid running 2.2 at 1.25ghz, the phone isnt active on any network at the moment (testing out the droid X for a while) and I was able to get the full version. currently at tokyo in an audi R8. Only complaint I have about the game is controlling during drifting matches, only race I cant get even 3rd place.

Upvote 0
Only complaint I have about the game is controlling during drifting matches, only race I cant get even 3rd place.

Tell me about it! Everything about this game is superb, except for the dang drift command. As you know gallandof, you must jerk your phone to the left or right very quickly in a turn to initiate a drift. Trouble is, half the time it doesn't catch the motion! :thinking: Very frustrating, ive taken to braking like an old lady around turns............

Looks like Verizon disabled the game purchase option for now, that is why people are getting connection errors when attempting to purchase. 30,000 downloads and going strong! Surprised we got away with it as long as we did. :D *high fives everyone in this thread*

If you get a parsing error try adb or re-downloading the file.

Upvote 0
Figured out why I was getting that parsing error. I was downloading it using my phone, and for some reason it wouldn't download it properly. I've now downloaded it on my pc instead and got the complete apk file. When installing though, the package installer on my phone says there isn't even enough free memory to read it, never mind install it. As expected, using the adb method also says there's insufficient space.

How much internal memory does it actually need? Does it install the full game on it or something? A stroke of genius if that's the case...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
thats why i got the vibrant.. even though i dont like the exterior or touchwiz... gpu and screen tech is very worth it

I'm actually considering caving in for a Vibrant as well. I hate Samsung with a passion after the whole Behold 2 debacle but I was playing with a Vibrant yesterday and the screen was just amazing plus it's the best gaming phone out.

Vibrant + playstation emulator + gameloft games = win

Upvote 0
Anyone else tried this on the Desire? menu's are fine but as soon as I start playing the screen is just black - bar the HUD, steering wheel, I can't see anything outside the car it's all just black, from the on screen map I can see the game runs OK ... except for lack of image :( don't suppose anyone knows of a workaround.

Thanks.

Same happened in nexus one.. This is sucks.. I've enabled app2SD using ADB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones