• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need good earphones

g4rvd4

Android Enthusiast
Jun 22, 2010
I need a pair of good earphones under US $50 (~ AED 150) to use with my Desire. I know there are a couple of threads for this, but they all recommend expensive ones.

I've never shopped for earphones before, have always used the ones supplied with the devices. So what do I have to look for? The stock earphones are not great for noisy environments, so I would like something with noise isolation...

Thanks.

The desire does take trs but it depends on the jack. Reading up. It appears to boil down to the shape of the socket (slightly recessed) and the shape of the jack including the moulded plastic. The low volume seems to come onto play when the connections from a trs jack are slightly off the mark because of this.

If those ultimate phones work for 1 they should work for all.

Upvote 0
Whilst (until now) i wasnt aware of the particular trs/trrs terminology
( TRS connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) seeing pics I am aware of the differing jacks/plugs you mention.

I can confirm that there is absolutely NO reduction in volume or sound quality whatsoever with these headphones/trs connector. As a fussy 'audiophile' of 30+ years I would be the first to complain if there was!! In fact I doubt you would have them on full volume (and I like my music loud) I'm confident you would be well pleased with them.

Ironically, I have also just ordered some of these earphones, but only cos they look pretty damn cool lol!:cool:
SUBJEKT :: Ruffian Skull Earphones :: SUBJEKT Ruffian Skull Earphones - Black Nickel

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones