• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help again. sorry..... splash screen.. again

yeah the hboot is keeping you from using the flash tool...

ok look in the data folder that was part of that flash tool and pull out splash1 and splash1.img and put it on your desktop

unzip another splas pc36img zip file (like the ones I posted in my thread about the tool) and pull out android-info and put it on your desktop...now multi select all three files and right click on them..choose 7zip, add to desktop.zip

rename it to pc36img (make sure not to name is pc36img.zip.zip lol)

put it on the root of your sd card and go back to that white screen bootloader on your phone and it should pick it up and ask if you want to install..choose yes.

Ok been playing around with this...and read it a couple of times......you say look in the data folder that was part of the flash tool.... there are no files such as splash1 or .img in that folder there all exe files and command line promts.....which makes sence it only adds a .img (well in this case a .bmp file) when you select one from you PC.

well I went and grabed the android text file and zipped it with my photo and flashed it to my phone.... it went through and flahsed GREAT.... but the splash is only kinda my photo it looks like its about a 10th the size and zoomed in and layered on top of each other.... ( weird )

then I started comperaing my .img file with others.... ALL I have found are 750kb... in size. mine is 109mb...Do you think this could be the problem..

Upvote 0
well i'm screwed then.... using Gimp 2.6 to create a different image and just setting up the canvas ( getting it set as 480x800, 24 bit depth, rgb color,) puts me @ 1mb. and I did not even draw any thing yet.........hmmmm i,ll have to do some more research cause I,v seen screens that were with way more detail. and only @ 750 kb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones