• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need HELP asap - Samsung Galaxy S2 i9003 hard bricked?

mknight

Mar 3, 2013
Hi, i think i got my S2 hard bricked, one day, i received a message, i opened the message, and there's a "force close" message (i forgot the exact message but i think its about the messaging system). It continously pops up, so, i turned off the device, After turning on, the messaging error continous to pop up, and another force close message pops up (i think its something to do with process??..). I close shut off again the phone...this time, i cant turn it on, till now.. please help :( No response at all, no sign of life, i tried charging it, it just gets warm. try soft, hard reset, nothing happen :(

Hi, i think i got my S2 hard bricked, one day, i received a message, i opened the message, and there's a "force close" message (i forgot the exact message but i think its about the messaging system). It continously pops up, so, i turned off the device, After turning on, the messaging error continous to pop up, and another force close message pops up (i think its something to do with process??..). I close shut off again the phone...this time, i cant turn it on, till now.. please help :( No response at all, no sign of life, i tried charging it, it just gets warm. try soft, hard reset, nothing happen :(

Guide Jhawkkw brings up a good idea for this issue.. removing the battery and bringing up the odin applet on your pc.

I was wondering if you're able to do anything in the menu quickly before the error messages pop onto the screen. I had that issue a long time ago and found that I was able to work through a few things that helped, such as shutting off all sync widgets and apps, one at at time (over long time of getting one done, then removing the battery, then putting it back in over and over). I changed everything I could get to to "manual" instead of some autosync time interval.

That disabled the services that were interfering with things, so I then could get to work in Odin and re-flash, etc.

A bit pita, but an alternative to try if you have run out of other options and are able to get to a menu real quick.

Upvote 0
A few other things that are posted around with varying success:

With the device shut down, try merely removing the sd card and the sim card, then just put them back in and power up.

Along similar lines, here's a procedure list I found that may work:

If you can, power off your device correctly using the power button and let it fully shut down.

Take the battery out and leave it out for 15 seconds to remove any residual charge in the mainboard.

Remove the microSD card.

Replace the battery (no need to put the battery cover back on).

Press and hold Home Key+Volume Up+Power Button.

Keep holding these buttons until you see a green Android robot symbol.

During this process, the white and black Samsung screen should display, turn off, then display again.

Once the Android robot symbol disappears, the SGS2 Data Recovery Screen displays (which looks a bit like a command prompt on Linux machines).

You can now release all buttons.

At the top of the screen, are four menu options (in green on my model).
Use the volume control to highlight Reboot Phone.

Press the Home Key to select the option.

Let the phone reboot.

Give the handset time to attempt to load all data from the external microSD, and the internal storage.

Reactions: mknight and jhawkkw
Upvote 0

Hi mate, im facing the same issue right now, have you recovered your device with usb jig?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones