• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help ASAP!

darkside

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2010
Good Ol' Colorado
ok, so i hate to ask without doing some research, but i just had a baby girl tonight (7/14/10) and i'm running the Fresh Rom 3.0 and cannot for the life of me get any of the pictures to send through messaging, Obviously i'm in need to send these pictures as soon as possible. Can anyone post the MMS fix that maybe i could flash or point me in the right direction?

I also tried to restore my WW 4.1 backup that i had, and still had no luck getting them to go through, It just sat there with the loading circle going around and around, but nothing sent through.

Any help would be appreciated very much. Sorry again for not doing my research first, kind of in a hurry to get a quick find.

If you look on the second post of the White Widow thread here you will find a link to an M MS fix and the required instructions. It's for WW4.5 but I think it should work for 4. 1. You can also pull down Smash ROM from the Rom section. It's a wipe then install and the SD card should be preserved. It is a stock sense ROM and everything works, no worries.

Just navigate there and dl, then move the file to your zip and go.

Upvote 0
congrats on the baby!

thank you very much, i'm very excited to be a father.

I tried to flash the froyo rom and the google apps that t2noob posted, and still getting the same issue, It just sits at the sending screen and never goes through. Guess I will just keep trying. Sucks because I can't even send a picture to my mom several states away.

Upvote 0
thank you very much, i'm very excited to be a father.

I tried to flash the froyo rom and the google apps that t2noob posted, and still getting the same issue, It just sits at the sending screen and never goes through. Guess I will just keep trying. Sucks because I can't even send a picture to my mom several states away.

Well if you don't mind having sense install PlainJane I know for a fact that the mms works on that rom,
http://droid-roms.net/roms/Janea2sdT2.zip
Congrats on the Baby, I hope you are able to work out the issues with the phone so you can send your mom a couple pics.

Upvote 0
Not sure what i'm doing wrong with the froyo rom, I wiped, flashed, and flashed the google apps, Not sure if there is something else i should be doing to get it to work. I would really like to get the froyo rom as my everyday rom. as of now, about to flash the smash rom.

*edit* ok so i flashed the smash rom and didn't get my pictures to load off of either gallery that was installed. It just sat there and loaded for about 20 minutes and nothing. About to flash the plain jain rom. One of these are bound to work. lol My poor mom :(

*edit-update* so i finally got everything working when i flashed to the plain jain rom. Thanks for all the help, now my mom is very happy to have seen her grand daughter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones