• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help backup asap

skins30

Jul 28, 2010
so my atrix has 2.3.4, and my headphone jack stopped working so im getting another device and i have to send this old one back. i need to backup all my files or transfer them all to the new phone, whats the easiest way to do this? Im not rooted, as the step #68 at xda thing makes no sense to me. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

If you are not rooted and do not want to root you have a few options for a partial backup. To start you will not be able to backup your saves (for example the finished levels in angry birds or levels in "cut the rope") without root. So if that is your goal, you need to root your phone, but then the warranty is voided, so we will not go there ;).

To backup your text messages, download the app SMS Backup by "Michele Valanyini" it will backup your txt messages to a file on your internal memory card so you can restore it later. Then download the app App List Backup this app will create a list of all of the apps installed on your phone.

Save all MMS pictures to your memory card. Once that is saved, you need to backup the stuff on your internal memory card, as that cannot be removed and moved to the new phone.

Now once you have the new phone, copy the stuff from your internal sdcard to the new phone, install App List Backup, run it and it should find your old list so you can reinstall your apps again.

Reactions: skins30
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones