1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Need Help: Boot Logo Stuck after SBF

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrJohnnySpot, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MrJohnnySpot

MrJohnnySpot Member
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    Colorado
    Hi all,

I have quite a conundrum. I dropped my phone yesterday and I think I've effectively killed it because the volume buttons are twitchy and the camera button is also twitchy, and my home row buttons are all wonky.

So, in my best attempt to take it back to stock, I SBF'd it. Once out of SBF it then booted up and got stuck in the boot animated logo. I said, okay well I screwed it up, let's try SBF'ing again. I've tried both of the following SBF's:

Current SBF Files
    Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)

Android 2.3.3 System Version 4.5.596 (VRZ_MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01) (OTA Gingerbread, not rootable currently)

And I get the same result, stuck in the animated boot logo, result.

When I try to go into android recovery to wipe data/factory reset or wipe cache I can't toggle down to either of those options, because again my volume keys are FUBAR'd.

So, does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm going to need to send it in for a warranty replacement but wanted to get it back to stock and now I can't seem to get it past the boot logo.

Your help is appreciated, as always.

Advertisement

2. cabraswell

cabraswell Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Male
    Biomedical Technician
    Western NC
    I'm not sure if there is an alternate method to navigating that menu or not. My first thought was to use the volume up and go backwards through the menu but that's not an option (I just tried). Perhaps someone else has more insight.

On the bright note...it does sound like a data/cache wipe would solve your problem :D

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    in all honesty if you are unable to wipe data and cache (which is what needs to be done in order to get it to work) then you need to call the phone in under *Lost* regardless your going to have to pay the fee, if you cant return the phone back to stock, i would suggest you either throw it away or continue trying to get it to work, you did drop it which may have caused the damage, but the X is built like a brick, i have dropped mine numerous times and it still works perfectly.

however long you want to wait tryin to get the phone to work, i would suggest calling asurion if you are unable to get it to work, and report the phone as lost, your going to pay the same amount regardless if you turn it in or not.

this is of course not the proper thing to do, but if you want to make it proper, go hiking and accidentally drop it in the woods. then it is the proper thing :)

hope this helps you, and good luck

4. MrJohnnySpot

MrJohnnySpot Member
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    Colorado
    Yeah I'm either going to drop it worse than I did yesterday and/or dunk it in some water to completely fry it. But, I will be pulling out my SD card first. :)

Thanks for your help guys, in the end I filed my claim a little while ago because I don't see any way to get it working again. At least the boot logo is stock and the image on it is stock. I should've just run it over in my car or something and claimed that. Oh well if it's broken, it's broken and they won't be fixing it easy to the point of loading it up and seeing that I may have rooted it in the past.

C'est la vie.

5. MrJohnnySpot

MrJohnnySpot Member
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    Colorado
    Interesting thing...I was able to finally scroll down to wipe data and cache, so it's back to stock fully now. But, still have the same problems, so glad I made a claim already because 3G (even 1X) isn't working and the phone is still wonky. Just glad I got it fully back to stock.

6. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    Production Engineer Mngr.
    Stockton, CA

Well good luck to you on that, hopefully it all works out well for you.