• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help!!! Bricked nexus s 4g

I'm sure it can be fixed but I've tried everything. This happened because of a kernel I installed from kernel manager pro. Now my phone is stuck on the google and padlock screen. I can boot to fast boot but clockwork is missing even though I installed it from rom manager. So I have no recovery flashed. I've also tried to flash clock work form fast boot and even though I've download the android tools to get the drivers my command prompt says " no command exsits" when I type fastboot devices. My phone is useless to me now. I would like to pay someone to fix it but there are no such services I can find. I hope one of the android experts here can help.

I'm sure it can be fixed but I've tried everything. This happened because of a kernel I installed from kernel manager pro. Now my phone is stuck on the google and padlock screen. I can boot to fast boot but clockwork is missing even though I installed it from rom manager. So I have no recovery flashed. I've also tried to flash clock work form fast boot and even though I've download the android tools to get the drivers my command prompt says " no command exsits" when I type fastboot devices. My phone is useless to me now. I would like to pay someone to fix it but there are no such services I can find. I hope one of the android experts here can help.

I can help you recover your phone. Let me upload a program to megaupload and I will give you the link.
This program is the same one Samsung will use.

Reactions: xxxsteveoxxx
Upvote 0
hummmm ok I have two more ideas.
1. if you have a bunch of USB ports on your computer make sure you use the ones on the back of the PC and yes it wont hurt to try another cable.

2. I'm not sure what this is I have not tried it but if it is from XDA it must be good stuff
[APP] One Click Return to stock for nexus s 4g - xda-developers

PS.
Also have you rebooted your PC since this happend. Not restart but shut it down make sure your phone is not plug into the PC when you shut it down. Start the PC back up let it get all up and running then plug your phone into one of the USB ports on the back of your PC and try the steps in the post above.

Reactions: xxxsteveoxxx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones