1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help buying phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by giorgos123, Jul 14, 2017.

1. giorgos123

giorgos123 Lurker

Hey guys.

I have been a user of an LG G2 for the past three years and I must say it has served me amazingly well. It still functions awesomely but the wear and tear of the years is starting to become more apparent lately, so I'm thinking it's time for a new one.

Since I am not able to buy a flagship phone right now, I have to resort to a budget choice.

So what would be the best phone under 300€? I am based in Europe btw.

Currently I am in between the ZTE Axon 7 Mini, LG G5 SE, P8 Lite 2017, Honor 8 and Honor 6X, but any other suggestions will of course be appreciated.

Since the G2 is such an old phone, I can imagine that any one of these phones will feel like an upgrade in terms of performance, so what I value most right now is 1) the camera and 2) general build quality.

So basically, which is the overall best of the budget phones that has the best camera out of the bunch?

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

The G6 is 140USD so that's a bit over your budget...

I've heard good things about Axon. Ashley King loved hers on Phandroid.

3. giorgos123

giorgos123 Lurker

I can find the LG G5(*) Standard edition for 230 € here in Greece. It's almost the same phone as the G5 with some downgraded specs that don't really make a huge difference.

What about the Honor 6X? Is there a phone that trumps it at this price range? I can get it for 210€

4. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

The Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus are both under 300€, although if you want a good camera the Moto G5 Plus is better then the Moto G5.

Not sure how the other cameras compare.