• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Need Help] can't load pictures while using wifi from my wireless router

need help please
i'm newbie in here
i'm using wireless router in my home ,but my android can't load pictures from facebook ,path ,playstore too ,and i can't send a massages from chaton ..i can't load socialhub ...please what should i do for this things ,it's a problem from my router or my android??:(

Wow! You left all the work up to us, huh? LOL!!!

Let's try a process of elimination:

Do you have these problems when you're NOT connected to your router?
If they happen all the time, it's DEFINITELY the phone
If these problems disappear when you're on data, then it could be YOUR router or the phone's Wi-Fi

Do they happen when you're connected to OTHER routers and Wi-Fi?
If yes, then it is DEFINITELY the phone
If no, then it is DEFINITELY your router

Try this:

Open your broswer, tap the Menu key, tap on "More", then "Settings"

In here, you'll want to enable "plug ins", "Load images", and "Javascript"

annd while you're at it, clear the cache, history and cookie data.

Let me know

Upvote 0
I have the same problem too, my tab and my brothers phone are not able to receive pictures from play store or Facebook app from our router at home. It works with my computer, or routers at other places. I just can't get it work, I tried changing the router settings, and settings on the phone, plugins, JavaScript etc. are turned on.
What could be the problem?
(I'm using a TP link router)

Upvote 0
If you all are using the TP-Link Router then change the Primary and Secondary DNS Server in the DHCP settings as below

Primary DNS Server : 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS Server : 8.8.4.4

Bascially the above DNS servers are provided by Google for IPv4. For IPv6 use these

Primary DNS Server : 2001:4860:4860::8888
Secondary DNS Server : 2001:4860:4860::8844

You can also use your ISP provide DNS servers. Haven't tried that out though but the above settings work for me.

Do let me know if this worked for you.

Upvote 0
I have a Netgear C3700 N600 WiFi Cable Modem. I have two android devices that were being very laggy when I was connecting to my devices 5g connection when loading pictures. There was no packet loss and signal strength was high. The download tests show very high speeds. But anytime I went to Play Store, Facebook, or tried to surf the internet, pages or images would load in very slowly.

This was happening on both my Android Devices running Android 5.1 and 5.0.1 (Nexus 6 and Galaxy S4).

My C3700 allows me to changes the DNS server from the one provided from the cable company (Comcast Xfinity). When setting it to the Google DNS servers as suggested by maverick_pHx , my issues were resolved! Now I'm just trying to figure out why this is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones