1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help.. can't open gallery/camera or send pictures!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Zispy, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Zispy

Zispy Lurker

I have a Samsung Galaxy, and I guess my camera has no more memory. When I click camera, it says "Not enough memory." So I go to click gallery to delete pictures. When I click gallery, it immediately closes out and says: "Not enough memory. Delete some items." When I try to send a picture, it says the same thing. This has happened before, which I somehow fixed, I'm really not sure how.. but please help, I want to be able to take pictures again..

-Zispy

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

You could try hooking the phone up to your computer via USB.

Photographs are under the DCIM\Camera folder. You could cut and paste a bunch of your pictures from your phone to your PC.

Alternatively, you could use a File Manager on your phone to delete pictures you don't want. I use one called File Manager (free on Play) that gives me tiny preview images so I have some idea what I'm going to delete.

If you're struggling to get anything to work because you've run out of space, try clearing the caches on your apps, removing apps you don't use or removing updates for some apps. Hopefully, some combination of those will clear enough space to allow you to get a File Manager (or whatever) to work so you can do a proper clear up.

3. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert

Have you tried rebooting? It could help (especially if by "memory" it means RAM instead of internal storage), though if you're really out of space it could be risky.

The file manager idea is good. Do you have any file managers, app managers, mutli-function utilities, etc? You may have something with a file manager built-in that you didn't even know about.

If you can, install QuickPic. It seems to be more dependable than the stock gallery and a whole lot faster.

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

After you've moved your pictures off of your phone, go back into your phones settings and into Applications. Go to All, scroll down and locate Gallery. Delete Data and Cache. Do the same thing for the Camera.

Let us know if this helped, and don't hesitate to post if you need more assistance.