• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help choosing a phone, LG OR Moto

I want to upgrade but I don'the feel it necessary to go full tilt on a flagship phone...I have an s6 edge & I don't use most of the features.

I surf a lot & watch video...YouTube, Netflix etc. Use text & average amount of calls. Some gaming but not a lot. I do enjoy a good screen, prefer QHD or better, must be 1080 at least but prefer more. I really appreciate speed but it doesn'the need to be the fastest. I do take a lot of notes but don't want a phablet. At most I am looking to spend $400ish. I think I narrowed it down to LG G6, Moto x, or Moto x2 play....prefer to stick to major brands as I have service with Verizon and want seemless transition..I am willing to do unlocked but need new...not used.

Some say the LG G6 is really bad..to me it looks pretty slick..I like the quick note feature. I'm also considering the LG stylo 3 but not sure if I will like the lack of speed or the size. I love the screen on the Moto Z but the Verizon version is costly.

Any constructive input on these phones & their true performance?? Any suggestions on other phones that might be better...I learned about the Moto x pure and that phone would have been a perfect match for me.

What do you think? ? ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones