1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NEED help choosing a tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bpacheco89, May 5, 2011.

1. bpacheco89

bpacheco89 Newbie

I am between getting an iPad 2 and forgetting all the cool, open sourced-ness u get with android or getting a similarly priced and competetive Android tablet to the iPad 2...

What I'd like is:
    A 10" display
    At least 8 Gb memory
    Flash? Or at least capable of using flash
    Thin and light
    Just wifi no data plan

Now I know there are some android tablets out there that fit this criteria... currently I'm using the Samsung nexus s and I'm happy with it. How is the tab 10.1? What are some other tablets that would be a good comparison? Should I just go with the for sure good buy ans get the ipad 2 and leave my android customizing to my smart phone?

Advertisement

2. qwer

qwer Member

If you mean as thin as iPad 2, you'll have to wait until Galaxy Tab 10.1. It will be even thinner than iPad 2. Otherwise, I think all the latest Android Tablets fit your criteria. I think Asus Transformer might be the best option right now if you can find it somewhere. It's cheap and fits all your criteria. I don't think it's even that thick or heavy, though it's thicker than iPad 2 or Galaxy Tab 10.1. I haven't used any of those yet, though, so I can't tell for sure.

3. bpacheco89

bpacheco89 Newbie

Def will wait for tab 10.1!!!

4. azpirin

azpirin Lurker

When is it coming out on us market?

5. Next month some time if I remember right.

6. qwer

qwer Member

I'm pretty sure Samsung announced it would be released june 8th in the US so if nothing has changed, we'll have to wait exactly one month. I can't wait! I really hope there are enough devices for everyone!

7. substring

substring Android Enthusiast

Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the best tablet. It worths the short wait.

8. bpacheco89

bpacheco89 Newbie

Wow I'm so excited I can't waittt