• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help/ clarification

lionsden

Aug 6, 2010
I can't find the answer yet so ..... my clarifiactional question is do I just take my eris to metro pcs to start new service (I40 or I45) then root it and then flash it over to get the internet to work???
-- I have a droid eris from verizon, and it has 2.1 update from them.--
any help is appreciated/ thank you.

If Metro PCS is your provider and they support the Droid Eris, then the techs at the store will activate your phone for you, lionsden.

As far as the services provided, such as internet, the device is ready for that as soon as it is activated and/or you've got wifi set up.

If I were you I'd question the store techs about all of that, with the exception of rooting because rooting will remove what warranty might be attached to your Eris and the provider is not interested in having users root their phones (it's a personal choice of the user, with lots to think about).

After your phone is up and running, come around to the "all things root" forums and read then post queries about rooting if you're interested in taking that big step.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/

Welcome to the forums. :)

Reactions: lionsden
Upvote 0
Yeah I read just about all the rooting stickies and such and I already downloaded the files to my computer. I was hoping I could just take the eris to metro pcs and get service started. My situation is that I no longer have verizon due to the bills being so high, and having more pressing money matters. (3 kids) -- So I will go today and have them activate it. thank you very much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones