1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Need help!! Craziness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jblong23, Feb 6, 2011.

1. jblong23

jblong23 Lurker

I rooted a couple weeks ago with z4root. No custom ROMS rubbings and haven't had any problems...until now. Got a bunch of random things going on. Today my phone wouldn't charge on my house charger, now it wont play any audio on applications. It will play notification sounds but apps like Youtube and Slacker have no audio. Also starting today when I reboot my phone automatically goes into recovery mode. WTF is going on? I tried pulling the battery and restoring a prior backup with no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aloha.android

aloha.android Well-Known Member

Was your phone dead to 0% when you tried charging it? Sometimes it may take a while for it to get going if so.

And about your sound. I know it seems like common sense but have you went under the audio settings??

Hopefully some of this helps. It doesn't seem like your speakers based if it still makes noise.

3. jblong23

jblong23 Lurker

Think I may have figured it out. In settings, sound, media audio effects, under the wired stereo device it says connected but under the speaker tab it doesn't say connected. Does this mean that my phone thinks that headphones or something similar are plugged in even though they aren't? If this is the case what can I do to fix it. Thanks for the input so far.

4. faber78

faber78 Guest

i dont have an awnser but i would;

find a headphone set and plug it in then unplug, see if that changes
    then if your phone is up to date, i would go ahead and install one of the more trusted custom roms (which would wipe everything and overwrite with new .apks) and see how that goes.

use liberty, fission, apex....one or the other.

make sure to wipe data on install.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews