1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

need help deciding on new phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by kstack34, Apr 13, 2012.

1. kstack34

kstack34 Lurker

OK, I currently have a rooted Droid X (the original one) but it is dying on me quickly. My new every two with Verizon is available to me now but I was holding out for the galaxy s3. Unfortunately verizon came out and said after Apr 22nd i will have to pay an extra $60 to upgrade phones. So, with my current phone starting to fail me, and the fact that I'd rather not pay an extra $60, I need to decide between getting a razor Max, or g nexus now, or hope that the s3 gets released in the very near future. I love the battery life of the Max, but have a Motorola now, and would like something different. So that kinda leaves me with the g nexus. I have heard that it has pretty quiet speakers though, bad call quality, and bad battery life. Can a root help with this? I'm open to all suggestions just not sure if I should try and wait it out, or go after a phone now, that I'm not sure I'd be fully happy with. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FJR1300

FJR1300 Well-Known Member

In my experience reviews will only take you so far, going to the store and playing with the phones, putting some heavy usage on them and noting the battery discharge rate would be a great way to find a phone that meets your needs specifically.

Also since you're out of contract you're free to shop carriers and compare.