1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Need help deleting SuperUser off Samsung Transform

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjfadaway, Feb 18, 2011.

1. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

I just purchased a used Samsung Transform and I don't think its been rooted before but there is an app on the phone called SuperUser that I can't delete off my phone for anything and when I connect my phone to my computer it isn't even recognized as being connected. Please help me remove this file...I need the FOR DUMMIES instructions!!!

Advertisement

2. Most likely that phone was or is rooted. Probably will need to sbf.

3. [TheAndroid]

[TheAndroid] Android Enthusiast

4. [TheAndroid]

5. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

Im not sure what sbf is. Im a Rookie. I pretty much need the phone back to factory, because I need Sprint to replace it due to some issues. But with this program on it and it possibly having been rooted, I dont want the warranty to be voided.

6. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

I need step by step instructions on how to get the phone back to the factory settings. I appreciate the help everyone :)

7. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

I tried resetting the phone, but that program still shows up afterwards

8. [TheAndroid]

Alright, head to the market and download 'Androzip file manager' now in the SD card area make a folder called 'sdx' and then a folder named 'zip' inside that folder. Now In my guide I posted above, download the file I posted and put the file in the zip folder you made. Now go into my guide and follow the rest ofmy instructions. Any issues post in that thread.

9. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

ok right now im in recovery mode and it has 4 options to choose from

1. reboot system now
    2. apply sdcard: update.zip
    3. wipe data/factory reset
    4. wipe cache partition

not sure which one to choose to restore to stock?

10. [TheAndroid]

You have stock recovery?? Okay looks like your using a new method, Ill type up whatchu need to do when I'm home.

11. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

k thanks. I was wondering if I did something wrong

12. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

Thank you so much. Do I download this and install it from my phone? And will this bring the manufacter warranty back so that I can take it in to Sprint?

13. mjfadaway

mjfadaway Newbie

I think I pretty much need a way to delete the superuser.apk file on my phone, then I should be good to go

14. [TheAndroid]

Download and install the SW Updater Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe (86,252 KB). This will require you to reboot your computer after it is installed.
    2. Download the Kernel/Recovery file http://www.mediafire.com/?3y133jb0jhr0fmm
    3. Navigate to c:\Program Files\Samsung Electronic\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary and delete EVERYTHING inside of this folder.
    Note that in 64bit versions of Windows, you need to be in c:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung Electronic\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary
    4. Run SWUpdater and follow it's instructions

15. sublime4284

sublime4284 Lurker

hey im a total noob i rooted my LG Esteem now when i go to make a phone call it wont work my home screen it all uncentered and all kinds of crap i need help getting rid of superuser.apk and restoring my phone to its original state ot else i gotta pay $130 for a new one can you please help me i know to root at my own risk and seeing how you were able to help that guy fix his samsung transform i was kinda hoping you might be able to help me out i thank you for your time and wish you well