• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help Desire won't boot anymore in root process

rayuken

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
I tried rooting my Tmobile branded Desire with the goldcard method i followed the procedure and everything went fine untill i followed the next steps

- In the terminal window, enter either 'step1-windows.bat', './step1-mac.sh' or './step1-linux.sh' as appropriate.
- Navigate to the 'BOOTLOADER' and then 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.
- When a black screen appears with a red triangle, press and hold 'Volume Up' then tap 'Power'.

I proceeded with step1-windows.bat after this I navigated to bootloader and choose recovery this is where the problem started and my phone freezes and is stuck in the pink tmobile boot circle. I never get to the black screen with the red triangle.

I've been trying since to boot my phone, i can get into Hboot but when I choose boot or recovery it freezes. Anyone have a suggestion?

I tried rooting my Tmobile branded Desire with the goldcard method i followed the procedure and everything went fine untill i followed the next steps

- In the terminal window, enter either 'step1-windows.bat', './step1-mac.sh' or './step1-linux.sh' as appropriate.
- Navigate to the 'BOOTLOADER' and then 'RECOVERY' option on the menu, using the volume buttons to move and the power button to select.
- When a black screen appears with a red triangle, press and hold 'Volume Up' then tap 'Power'.

I proceeded with step1-windows.bat after this I navigated to bootloader and choose recovery this is where the problem started and my phone freezes and is stuck in the pink tmobile boot circle. I never get to the black screen with the red triangle.

I've been trying since to boot my phone, i can get into Hboot but when I choose boot or recovery it freezes. Anyone have a suggestion?

Welcome to the forum

Have you by any chance got hboot 0.83, if so there are a lot of problems involved with that version.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback guys...

I think I completed step 1 after I finished step 1 a message on my windows 7 pc popped up with cannot regognize device.

I have Hboot 0.80 in Hboot its checking for some files on SD which it can't find

Getting a little desperate in getting it to boot again.

Upvote 0
would have suggested this, but didn't know you could try root with another method whilst half way through a different rooting method. by simple calculations, i came to the conclusion that half root + full root = massive explosion.

:p

Just going on the premise that his phone is knackered, so its a case of try something to fix it.
After all it can't do any worse.

Upvote 0
lol, only if you're insured against that though. t-mobile would politely tell me to bugger off if my phone met an unfortunate end and i tried to get a new one lol.. besides, i wouldn't be happy unless i got my nice AMOLED screen back :(

That's the only problem if anyone has to return a handset now, the chances are you will get one with hboot 0.83 & an slcd screen.
If you are extremely unlucky you will get one with froyo already on, or worse still with crap ware included.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones