1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need Help Desperately With EVO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Twin2, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Twin2

Twin2 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    My EVO fell out of my pocket and the screen smashed. I can see thunderbolts on the broken glass and the light comes on but i cant see anything. I put two Evo's next to each other and basically put the phone in storage mode. I copied the whole phone and transferred it to my other Evo. I still can't see phone calls, text messages, contacts. My boss is gonna kill me if I don't get my phone numbers off the phone. Is there any program which copies the phone like blackberry does? I need to get my things off this phone desperately. Any help would be appreciated and I just want to say that I have no Idea about anything tech wise with phones. Again, I humbly ask for help and please explain it to me like I was a two year old.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Advertisement

2. jbsg02

jbsg02 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Were your contacts not saved to google?

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moved your thread to the troubleshooting section.

like jbsg02 said, are your contacts linked with google? if they are then they are stored on the cloud and when you sync with your new phone, you contacts will be there.

4. ndh777

ndh777 Android Expert
    None

Go to Sprint with two phones from them and they should be able to transfer your contacts for you. I've done it many times with Android phones as well as non-Android phones and they were successful. The devices had broken screens or unresponsive touch screens and they still were able to transfer contacts. As for other information like apps and such, Titanium should work however I believe you need to be rooted and able to see the screen. For your SD card contents, you can either simply transfer the SD card out and get the items into another device or can open them in a computer and will have the information at hand.

Or you can do as everyone above suggested and they should be linked with your Google account if you allowed it.

For future reference, it is a good idea to save your contacts to your SD card so it can be used as a SIM card in case something like this happens again. Simply go into your phone "app", select the menu button, then click on "Import/Export Contacts" and then export them to your SD card and they will be there if you ever need them again.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    adding to ND i would say not only have a copy on your phone but there are many free cloud services out there that you can store contact info on that you can access from any phone or computer. Google is the best for backing up all your contact info. If possible keep a fresh copy of your SD on a Cloud. I just zip mine and send it

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: