1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Need Help Desperately With EVO

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Twin2, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Twin2

Twin2 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    My EVO fell out of my pocket and the screen smashed. I can see thunderbolts on the broken glass and the light comes on but i cant see anything. I put two Evo's next to each other and basically put the phone in storage mode. I copied the whole phone and transferred it to my other Evo. I still can't see phone calls, text messages, contacts. My boss is gonna kill me if I don't get my phone numbers off the phone. Is there any program which copies the phone like blackberry does? I need to get my things off this phone desperately. Any help would be appreciated and I just want to say that I have no Idea about anything tech wise with phones. Again, I humbly ask for help and please explain it to me like I was a two year old.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    If you had your Evo syncing to Google, just log in your Google account on the new phone and sync. The contacts should be transferred. As for SMS, depends on if you a backup on your Gmail too.

Twin2 likes this.
  3. Twin2

Twin2 Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Unfortunately, I didn't do a recent Gmail sync and I've never synced SMS. I never knew I could do that. Is there any program which I can download on my PC, plug a cable into the phone and back it up like a blackberry?

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    There's MyPhoneExplorer which will sync contacts etc, but you need to install the app on the phone too. That step would be fine as you could remote install via the market website, but the MPE app would need to be running on the handset too.

Clutching at straws with this one as I'm guessing the screen doesn't respond to touch at all? You could try and export the contacts to a .vcf file to your SD Card using the other EVO to approximate where you'd need to touch the screen?

The numbers aren't stored on the SIM Card at all are they?