• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help - Droid keeps rebooting

DG1063

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I recently Rooted my droid 1, and it went well, nothing wrong with it. I was wanting a new ROM, so i used RSD Lite to flash SP recovery to my phone. I flashed it, and the screen say SPR has been installed. So on my CP on RSD Lite is said Rebooting your phone. It never rebooted it, and after a while RSD said Please manually reboot your phone. So i did, and when it rebooted, it had the battery icon displaying o battery charge, even though i knew my phone wasnt dead, because i had it plugged in with maybe 40% remaining or so. So after unlocking my phone it displayed the Android Shutting Down Screen, but it didnt shut down, it halfway rebooted back to the "Red Eye" on start up, and it repeated this cycle over and over. I pulled the battery. Right now somehow the phone managed to stay off after shutting down, and i have it plugged in to my computer, and the little white LED light next to the USB port is on. I havent restarted it but im seeing if it will charge and get myself out of this mess. I just want to see if anybody has any suggestions to what happened or what i should do. Thanks!! :D

I recently Rooted my droid 1, and it went well, nothing wrong with it. I was wanting a new ROM, so i used RSD Lite to flash SP recovery to my phone. I flashed it, and the screen say SPR has been installed. So on my CP on RSD Lite is said Rebooting your phone. It never rebooted it, and after a while RSD said Please manually reboot your phone. So i did, and when it rebooted, it had the battery icon displaying o battery charge, even though i knew my phone wasnt dead, because i had it plugged in with maybe 40% remaining or so. So after unlocking my phone it displayed the Android Shutting Down Screen, but it didnt shut down, it halfway rebooted back to the "Red Eye" on start up, and it repeated this cycle over and over. I pulled the battery. Right now somehow the phone managed to stay off after shutting down, and i have it plugged in to my computer, and the little white LED light next to the USB port is on. I havent restarted it but im seeing if it will charge and get myself out of this mess. I just want to see if anybody has any suggestions to what happened or what i should do. Thanks!! :D

The first thing I would try it powering on into recovery mode. If you can get there and you have SPR, then you know that you can flash a ROM.

Kratos

Reactions: DG1063
Upvote 0

I did the exact same thing last night. I am running version 2.2 FRG22D. I did the one click root with no issues. Then I attempted to flash the SPRecovery ES8. Then when it rebooted I had the exact same symptoms as you describe. Turns out there is a conflict with the ES8**.sbf file and the 2.2 version.
The way I recovered is that I was able to put the stock FRG22D update.zip file on my phones SD card by putting it in an SD adapter on my PC and copying it over. I then rebooted my phone into recovery mode and installed update.zip fron there.
Here is where I found the FRG22D_update.zip file:
RS-Files

This actually removed (superuser as well) and put phone back to stock operation.
This am I followed these instructions, and it is running perfectly!

Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Good luck!

Reactions: DG1063
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones