1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Need help... ENTIRE column of dead red/blue (sub)pixels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cys920622, Jul 11, 2011.

1. cys920622

cys920622 Member
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    Canada
    I noticed that my LCD has a column of dark pixels when watching movies, when certain colors pass by. This prompted me to check it by running a couple dead pixel test screens.

When I show pure red and blue screens, I can see the same column of pixels (or subpixels) stay black. By this, I mean an entire column of pixels, top to bottom. The pink/magenta screen is also affected but I assume this is because of the red subpixels. No other colors (white, black, yellow, green) are affected.

If this was a SINGLE pixel, sure, I'd let it go. But having this many pixels be dead really bugs me.

The problem is, however, that I bought this handset secondhand (off craigslist) and don't have the original receipt at hand.

What can I do about this??? I was completely in love with the phone until I noticed this unsightly defect. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the screen or the motherboard, or maybe even the connector.

Will Motorola help me fix this or replace it at all? Also, it is a BELL atrix but runs on telus.

If replacing the LCD is the only means, I could do that myself (if none of those companies will do anything for me), but whether I do it or not would have to be given some thought.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I should add that when I bought this phone, it was in mint condition, and it hasn't had any rough handling by me neither.

Advertisement

2. cys920622

cys920622 Member
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    Canada